Have you heard about Invisalign®? If not, it is an extremely popular form of orthodontic aligner system that is custom designed based on your dental profile. The most exciting part of Invisalign lies in the materials used to make it, a patented thermoplastic, which grants the aligners the ability to be removed on command. In addition, because they are clear, they can blend in seamlessly with your teeth and gums, preventing even your closest friends from noticing you have them.
Some additional advantages to Invisalign include:
- Teeth and gums are healthier with Invisalign. Cleaning your teeth is much easier when they are straightened correctly.
- Invisalign lowers the chance for plaque buildup to stowaway in hidden corners of your smile.
- Invisalign aligners are a clear and nearly invisible orthodontic treatment option.
- No food restrictions or diet is necessary with Invisalign. The aligners can be removed before eating.
- Each Invisalign aligner system is designed and customized for each patient, with the planning and help of our orthodontists at Wheelock & Associates Dentistry, thus ensuring the maximum possible fit and final look of the treatment.
- There are no metals or wires involved with Invisalign, as the system consists of a patented thermoplastic material designed with safety and comfort in mind.
Invisalign can be used for a host of oral ailments including:
- Gaps between your teeth
- Improper spacing between teeth or overcrowded teeth
- Bad bites and improper jaw alignments including overbites, underbites, open-bites, closed-bites, and misplaced midlines.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of Invisalign and to set up an appointment, contact Dr. Douglas Wheelock at our office in Sioux City, Iowa, by calling our team at 712-274-2038. Take the time to Invisalign your smile!