Even though it’s easy to dismiss our oral health care as adequate, the truth is that mastering the art of oral health should be a quest that everyone undertakes, because it is one that never truly finished. Even if you do everything right one year for your teeth and gums, the next year you’re your oral hygiene could completely fall apart if you don’t give it the same care and dedication. Improve and enhance your smile with the following oral health care techniques:
– Stay away from foods and drinks that are high in sugar.
– Make sure to schedule and attend regular checkups and bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Make an effort to sidestep oral health hazards such as lip and tongue rings.
– Stay away from foods that can easily chip or crack your teeth.
– Safely store your toothbrush when it is not being used.
– Try to eat a healthy diet, and speak with your dentist to ensure you are clear of any eating disorders.
– Do not share your toothbrush with others.
– Try to use dental products that contain the ADA Seal of Acceptance given out by the American Dental Association.
– Brush and floss every single day.
For additional help with your oral health care, Dr. Douglas Wheelock and our team at Wheelock & Bursick Dentistry are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Sioux City, Iowa, please contact us at 712-274-2038 to speak with a member of our team. We want to ensure your teeth remain clean for a lifetime to come.