Are you aware that roughly 42,000 people in the United States every year are diagnosed with oral cancer? Given how widespread oral cancer is, you should make the time to have a yearly screening to test for oral cancer. If you notice any indiscretions in your mouth, speak with your dentist about scheduling an oral exam as soon as you can. For a better understanding of the basics of oral cancer, listed below are principles concerning oral cancer:
– When looking for abnormal symptoms in a person’s mouth, check for all manner of irregular disorders, including speckled patches, bumps, rough patches, and swelling or eroded areas that cannot be easily explained.
– Frequent bleeding from your mouth that does not easily heal may be a sign of an underlying illness such as oral cancer.
– If you suffer from reduced functions in speaking and eating, you may be suffering from oral cancer.
– From time to time with patients, oral cancer can cause your throat to be regularly sore and raw and can give you the sensation of a constant lump in your throat.
– Keep aware of any moments that you lose feeling in your head or face.
– Dramatic weight loss could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Oral cancer symptoms sometimes include the failure to heal quickly and effectively within two weeks of an open sore or wound first arising.
Don’t delay in visiting our team at Wheelock & Associates Dentistry to check if you are suffering from oral cancer. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Douglas Wheelock and our team at our dentist office in Sioux City, Iowa, please call us at 712-274-2038. With the help of our team, the pathway to a better smile can be yours.